Drawing from a pool of highly experienced engineers and designers, the Haden Freeman Mechanical, Layout and Piping Group works closely with, and bridges between, other engineering disciplines to develop the process engineering package into a detailed construction package.
Utilising industry standard surveying, plant design and analysis tools, the team liaises with clients, equipment vendors and sub-contractors to develop optimum plant layouts either in existing process facilities or greenfield sites.
Contemporary 3D modelling and associated visualisation tools enables clients to see process plants develop throughout the design phase and enables all stakeholders to have an input into the final design.
Our services include:
- Site and installed plant surveys including laser scanning
- As-built P&IDs and plant arrangements
- Conceptual design and feasibility studies
- Total installed cost estimating
- Equipment, piping, valve and line item specifications
- 2D and 3D layout
- Detailed equipment and piping design
- Procurement packages – equipment and installation
- Design and detail drawings (arrangements, isometrics, support details)
- Static and dynamic pipe stress analysis
- Preliminary, intermediate and final bulk material take-offs
- Detailed 3D plant models incorporating civil, structural, equipment, pipework, HVAC, electrical and instrument equipment and containment
- Plant walk-throughs, layout reviews, constructability/CDM reviews and construction sequencing utilising visualisation tools
- Construction support